1:1 OR Stock DEV

goldfish

Stock solution will give slightly finer grain and lower film speed. 1:1 will give better film speed, better sharpness but slightly more grain. In all reality the differences are minor and IMO it isn't worth the effort of using replenisher or extending development times in order to reap the minor fine grain benefits of the stock solution. Also, unless you are using a divided developer, consistency and uniform quality is usually best achieved by using the developer "one shot." Of course you can one shot stock solutions of D-76 but that uses up quite a bit of solution in a hurry which is why most people seem to prefer the 1:1 ratio.

Note that the Kodak D-76 1:1 times call for using 8 ounces of developer and 8 ounces of water for one 35mm roll. If you don't do that, increase time by 10% I think. See the Kodak datasheets.

D-76 is so cheap that one shot is the only way to go. If it's too expensive, buy a digital scale on eBay for $20, and mix your own.

Thanks for all your comments and helpful suggestions,actually I made two experiment one with 1:1 another with stock and after scanning them it seemed that stock is better regarding what I mentioned befor "tones & finegrain" & I'll make another films to make it sure .regards