NEO-CONey Island Block Party

absinthe

William, these are film, but my scanner is wonkey so the contrast is kicked way up & highlights are getting blown. I have a somewhat OK workaround to make the scans viewable, but a lot of tonality is lost. Thats why they may look digital. I have a digital P&S, but I hardly use it. I would like a digital SLR for color work, but funds are very tight right now. I do enjoy my darkroom time & find it relaxing so I doubt I will be going digital for my B&W stuff any time soon.

Randy, not once did I partake in any "Bush Bashing" I simply stated that I was at an anti-Bush event & took pictures. That is not "Bush Bashing". I didn't speak one negative comment about the man. I did, however, question why others would choose to bash my post rather than comment on the pictures. I never stated that they couldn't disagree with me. Heck, I'll engage in a little debate, but I still wanted some comments on the pictures which only Grant & Trevor seemed to do in the beginning. People would rather argue about the use of the phrase "Neo-Con" and attribute its usage to me falsely. I am sorry if my calling their sad little nipping out hurt people's feelings, but I figured this to be a thick skinned group. One is allowed to set up photos of anything else utilizing a little background info, but obviously not if its political. better to leave people flapping in the wind I suppose

<p>

Thinskinned, really.

Heather, if the intro had been framed as it is now, most of us (including me) would have been happy to comment on the pics. Randy, Trevor, and James O'G were right, it was framed as an anti-Bush editorial, not a neutral comment. And then you insulted and dismissed the people who pointed that out. Most of us don't respond well to that kind of thing. Just a friendly comment. :-)

It's all very well to break into the White House, drop some

bombs, dress up in uniform and let your friends help themselves

to the liquor cabinet, but it's certainly NOT ok to talk about it until

such time as suitable euphemisms are available for use in

polite company. Thank you.

Matt, it's a rare President that is still popular six months after his inauguation. There's a brief honeymoon followed by a prolonged hate-fest. Come to think of it, I seen many Premiers suffer the same fate in my long, dreary life! Best regards, Bill

When I was shooting newspaper asignments 20 or 30 years ago I don't remember anybody carrying around a slower speed film on any kind of regular basis. Most photographers shot Kodak Tri-X, a few shot Ilford HP4, and there was always Diafine ready for those times when 400 wasn't enough. That's when you were glad that you chose Tri-X because HP4 wouldn't get as much speed boost from the Diafine.

Hmmm. Strange that hip hugger bell bottoms were fashionable 30 years ago too! The Hula Hoops, though, date all the way back to the 1950's!

The bare-midriff look came along in 1973, but didn't last long. The current bare midriff style has been going for years--since 1995 or so. There's been some elaboration of the style this time; I guess that is what keeps it going. First, pierced navels were added, and then lower-back tattoos. And thong underwear. Finally, the jeans are cut low, whereas in 1973 it was mostly short tops that bared the flesh.