just too far for me ...

There is community colleges but their class are in the evening and

not very convenient for me ...

So if you know about something, or about someone (If you have a

darkroom and you're willing to teach me, I'm of course willing to pay

you :-) ), let me know !!!

Thanks for your help

Fred

UC Berkeley Extension offers courses (http://www.unex.berkeley.edu/), but these are probably all mid-week evenings in either SF or Berkeley. The CSU campuses may have something and be nearer. Adult Learning may be the best bet.

The fundamentals of film processing and printing are not too hard to learn, but you need to practice, practive, practice... I've taught introductory photography before, but since I'm in Richmond it is not much closer than Martinez and the SJ BART extension is still just a wish on paper.

Oh - well, I know in the spring last year they offered a couple of weekend, Saturday classes at Foothill. In fact, I'm almost certain they do this regularly because that's why they don't open up the lab on Saturday for general open lab hours. But perhaps they cut down on their shcedule from budget cuts.

allan

Graham: Unfortunately, Berkeley Extension is cutting way back on their photography classes. They have shut down their darkroom in SF. I used to work in it. They also have more or less disbanded the department, they are still offering a few classes but not for much longer. (1 or 2 more semesters)

I second the vote for Foothill college. I took a saturday Photo 1 class there a couple

of years ago. I had a great time and learned a lot. Plus it was great to be driving over

the Dunbarton early on saturday morning when there is very little traffic. I used to

make it from Fremont to Los Altos Hills in some amazing times in a wonderful 1970

Porsche 911 I had at the time. Ah, how I miss that car and California even more so.

They were having some issues recently due to budget cuts, so I'm not sure they still

offer the weekend class. You should check their webpage. Chabot college in

Hayward is also a good choice. Gehr Jordahl runs the photography department. I

really enjoyed a field studies class that I did with Gehr and Kate (his wife) at Yosemite

in October of 2002. Kate runs the Foothill program.

good luck

karl