wierd characters

Wayne Melia

I have started (past few days) getting weird characters appearing on some pages of photo.net.

Not when viewing forums, but on viewing my portfolio.

I am using IE11 on win 8.1.

Suspect it is some setting in IE, but can't find which one. Tried setting IE back to defaults, but no joy.

Did F12 developer tools, but don't know enough to use it.

Mostly occurs just on PN, but notice some 'alternative behaviour' on a few other sites as well, all to do with, or in conjuction with on-screen controls, or buttons.

Screenshot crop attached. they are to the left of 'Learn', Forums','newest', etc.upload_2017-9-25_17-3-26.png.61a5f8b95a3d3a3ffee648a44ed960ba.png

Can anybody with more brain cells help me out in diagnoses?

Please and thank you.

I have started (past few days) getting weird characters appearing on some pages of photo.net.

Not when viewing forums, but on viewing my portfolio.

I am using IE11 on win 8.1.

Suspect it is some setting in IE, but can't find which one. Tried setting IE back to defaults, but no joy.

Did F12 developer tools, but don't know enough to use it.

Mostly occurs just on PN, but notice some 'alternative behaviour' on a few other sites as well, all to do with, or in conjuction with on-screen controls, or buttons.

Screenshot crop attached. they are to the left of 'Learn', Forums','newest', etc.[ATTACH=full]1211238[/ATTACH]

Can anybody with more brain cells help me out in diagnoses?

Please and thank you.

(Sheepishly)...OK issue resolved

1. all the flocks of people devoted to solving my problem can relax and devote their energies elsewhere

2 solution = Internet options>security>internet zone>allow font download>enable!