Wheres a good place to hire photographers?

It depends on what type of a photographer you want to hire. Do you want to hire a commercial photographer, a portrait photographer, a wedding photographer, someone who specializes in reproduction work? You have to be a lot more specific.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to know which type of photographers you required so that I will help you in a better way for choosing a best photographer. I found a photographer for my friend's wedding, I want to share one photograph here and after watching this pic I choose the photographer.

wedding-photographer-cornwall-1-min.jpg?format=1500w

Edited by leesearle

I recommend looking at PPA (Professional Photographers of America). Basic internet searches work pretty well, too, so I'm not sure why you think the internet is bad at it. You also should know that just saying "a photographer" without being more specific is like asking someone to recommend "a mode of transportation to get me somewhere." Much more specific information is going to get you a better answer.

It depends on what type of a photographer you want to hire. Do you want to hire a commercial photographer, a portrait photographer, a wedding photographer, someone who specializes in reproduction work? You have to be a lot more specific.

As mentioned in my post I am looking for "a photographer for hire"

The problem is that asking for "a photographer for hire" is meaningless. I've been "a photographer for hire" but it's always in response to someone looking for a specific type of photography. It's like asking for "a killer for hire." Do you want a hit man to take out one person? A professional soldier-of-fortune? A terrorist?

What you're saying is so vague that there is no good response.

I recommend looking at PPA (Professional Photographers of America). Basic internet searches work pretty well, too, so I'm not sure why you think the internet is bad at it. You also should know that just saying "a photographer" without being more specific is like asking someone to recommend "a mode of transportation to get me somewhere." Much more specific information is going to get you a better answer.

Yeah I guess what I am saying is I am looking for photographers that are hireable, who have a basic standard, there's no one database for that.

The problem is that asking for "a photographer for hire" is meaningless. I've been "a photographer for hire" but it's always in response to someone looking for a specific type of photography. It's like asking for "a killer for hire." Do you want a hit man to take out one person? A professional soldier-of-fortune? A terrorist?

What you're saying is so vague that there is no good response.

Let's try that again. It's a meaningless request. Period.

It's not meaningless, it's quite a straightforward question, you're just being obtuse.

I'm talking about sites like the AOP for example, or like another poster mentioned the PPA, Genre is not relevant, I'm asking what sites best aggregate professional photographers, in your opinion. how is this so hard to grasp?

When I was doing photography professionally I always worked through established advertising agencies or the PR department of companies or referrals from clients. I simply can' t imagine taking a job from unknown people over the Internet.

Cash is king. A deposit in the bank account and a well written contract might change that opinion.