Where - How can I find a private photoshop tutor

falcon7

<p>I want to find a photoshop/photoshop elements tutor so that I can get tutored for about 5 one-on-one sessions in the same location (like my workroom). Call me old-fashioned, but I'd actually like to get some tips, techniques from an actual real-time person. Since I'm not a beginner, I don't want to take a 'beginner's course' and 'advanced courses' are tricky since the term 'advanced' can be quite fungible. Any suggestions? I'm in the Washington, DC and Philadelphia areas.</p>

<p>I will not say what you ask for is impossible to find but I do know it will be very expensive when you find such a service. Meanwhile Adobe has a vast array of online self-help resources available. Try searching by subject or the technique you desire to learn. The popular subjects may be covered by specialty books & videos.</p>

<p>I think this a great idea. I did the same thing and had success with it. <br>

I found a couple decent ones by posting in Craig's List. I got a lot of replies. Many (most?) seemed like they'd be decent. A few where students or just starting out (and they could have been OK too, not sure.) After looking at websites and locations and exchanging a couple of emails, I ended working with two over time and it was an excellent experience.<br>

I suspect you can end up learning a lot more about photography than just photoshop (if you want to). I did. It was definitely cost effective too. (I think one person only charged me $15.00 an hour and he was an excellent teacher). Another charged me $75 for a two hour session - which I also thought was money well spent.<br>

Courses add up to more than that, and they are not one on one. Another (big) advantage was that in both cases I told the teacher just wanted I wanted to learn and was able to stay focused on that. <br>

I suspect it depends your location to some degree. I did my search in the Boston area. </p>

<p>About the cost of private, high level tutoring: My wife (a Ph.D.) charges $80/hr to tutor in writing, biology, statistics, etc. in the DC area. She always has far more students than she can handle and has had to turn away numerous interested individuals, and that is even after they have read the "I will not do your assignment for you" statement in her bio. ;-)</p>

<p>Tom M</p>

• 2 weeks later...