Wednesday Landscapes, 28 April 2021

Discussion in 'Landscape' started by Leslie Reid, Apr 27, 2021.

1. You are invited to upload one or more of your landscape photos and, if you’d like, to accompany your image with some commentary: challenges you faced in making the image? your intent for the image? settings? post-processing decisions? why you did what you did? the place and time? or an aspect you’d like feedback on? And please feel free to ask questions of others who have posted images or to join the discussion. If you don’t feel like using words, that’s OK too—unaccompanied images (or unaccompanied words, for that matter) are also very much welcomed. As for the technicalities, the usual forum guidelines apply: files < 1 MB; image size <1000 px maximum dimension.

As a rule, I don’t think about Compositional Rules while I’m making a photo. Even so, few of my images have ended up flouting the Rules as flagrantly as this one…
    D03-_MG_0853-Edit.jpg

2. Back to the apocalyptic landscape on Hunting Island.

Landscape42821.JPG

3. nevada south of jackpot.jpg
    About twenty miles south of Jackpot, Nevada

4. Amazon Rain Forest
    Iquitos-wild-jungle-banana-(1).jpg

5. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

6. Leslie, sometimes one must first be a master of the rules in order to flout them effectively. Case in point: Vincent Van Gogh. Frankly, I'm not even sure which compositional "rules" you're flouting in this image, and I quite like it. I find it evocative.

7. I find Leslie’s photo very creepy (intentional pun) and threatening. Excellent photo.

8. I know I've shared this image at some point in the past, but it's sufficiently apropos to Leslie's kickoff image that I'll share it again here. From the Hoh Rain Forest, Olympic National Park, Washington, USA.
    Hoh-05-sml.jpg

9. Taking a cue from Luis. Entering the San Juan, Puerto Rico, harbor

fort.jpg

10. More on point with Leslie's image

18509224-orig.jpg

11. Albarracín (Teruel) Spain

12. Thanks, I was thinking of somewhere else in Spain

13. you are always welcome

14. Years ago, my ex and I travelled from Malaga to Grenada by foot and car and the only two villages I can remember walking to are Bubion and Trevelez (we stayed at about 5-6 villages). I thought your photo was of another village we walked through. It looks vaguely familiar but it wasn’t on our trail.

(I’m pretty sure Busquistar was on the route- thanks google)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  15. Juniper Flats, Joshua Tree National Park

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021