Wednesday Landscapes, 19 June 2019

Discussion in 'Landscape' started by Leslie Reid, Jun 19, 2019.

1. You are invited to upload one or more of your landscape photos and, if you’d like, to accompany your image with some commentary: challenges you faced in making the image? your intent for the image? settings? post-processing decisions? why you did what you did? the place and time? or an aspect you’d like feedback on? And please feel free to ask questions of others who have posted images or to join the discussion. If you don’t feel like using words, that’s OK too—unaccompanied images (or unaccompanied words, for that matter) are also very much welcomed. As for the technicalities, the usual forum guidelines apply: files < 1 MB; image size <1000 px maximum dimension.

Another image from last week on our local river. I ended up spending a lot of time on this series because I found the shapes so intriguing. It turned out to be a good challenge: when there’s not much content, the image strength has to rely more heavily than usual on composition, and I have to think a lot harder about how to make the composition work. On the flip side, there’s not a lot to distract me from the compositional elements…
    D06-_MG_3114.jpg

2. Sylvan Lake, on the west side of Sylvan Pass, along the east entry road into Yellowstone NP. From last weekend's passage on the long way home from a business meeting in Laramie. There's no such thing as a bad day in Yellowstone.
    WedLandscapes-190619-6416.jpg

3. I’d love to go to North America.

I owe David a rockscape so this is from the rocky end of the beach. I thought about airbrushing out the human but gave up -I think the pink works quite well :)

4FB7AE79-8BE9-490B-92F4-31BF10FCCEAB.jpeg

4. These large stone formations have wonderful curves and striations. Low tide gave us access to the area. The ocean and tide pools were behind me, and ahead is the opening to Devil's Punchbowl near Otter Rock, Oregon. The birds are Bald Eagles, one adult and one juvenile.

Landscape 6-19-19.JPG

5. There was actually a (and I do mean a) day with sun along the Oregon coast. Tidal flat wide angle image from Thor's well. P5261062_HDR.jpg

6. Grapes in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia
    Grapes in the Okanagan.jpg

7. setting moon 6-18-19.jpg

Setting moon. Tuesday morning, about 6 AM. The moon made a brief appearance before being obscured by clouds.

8. Another Landscape with water + boats.
    LowTideBoats_F1484-564 (1 of 1).jpg

9. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

10. Another shot from the top of Timothy Hill, St. Kitts fullsizeoutput_66f8copy.jpg

11. IL-'Ozarks'-Fall-storm-a.jpg
    Looking from Illinois into Missouri
    between the American Bottom and the Lower Valley​

Ludmilla and mikehegarty01 like this.
  12. After a few hours of wondering about the Marina, these scenes appeared. Last 4 frames on the Fed-3. Bill 2k19-067-018 ces10 bc bm-vert 4x6.jpg

13. Rick, I see the usual cloud/marine layer was still lurking off the coast...:D

14. JPEG image.jpeg Milford Sound, New Zealand

15. June 19 Sunrise in my little corner of the world.

[​IMG]

16. David,
    I didn't say the sun lasted all day ... :rolleyes:

DavidTriplett likes this.
  17. Galena, Illinois Area
    _7R35662_AuroraHDR2019-edit.jpg
    Sony A7Riii + Batis 85/1.8, 1/160 @ f/5.6, ISO 100

In Ireland, there's a stone ruin at every turn. This is the only one I've seen in Illinois. Found while cruising the back roads near Galena, Illinois.