Voigtlander films?

gene_e._mccluney

I wouldn't rule out Fuji. They've manufactured outside of Japan, including the Netherlands.

A quick search indicates that older films sold by Ringfoto were manufactured in Germany and Italy, which pretty much narrows it down to Agfa and Ferrania. Ringfoto licensed the the Voigtlaender name to Cosina for the purpose of making film cameras but apparently retains the right to sell other Voigtlaender-named items so there doesn't appear to be any connection between Cosina and this "new" Voigtlaender film.

I have bought a bunch of Voigtlaender slide films about two years ago. According to the green/brownish overcast of the shadows and the numbers printed on the edge of the film it was re-labeled Agfa CTprecisa. I don't know who supplies Voigtlaender film now.

All I know is that a major german drugstore chain which used to sell re-labeled Agfa CTprecisa is now supplied with Kodak Elitechrome.

Well, Rollei/Maco just introduced on the Photokina (Cologne) some new films:

B&W Slide direct film, made on an orthochromatic microfilm base (E.I. 25-50). The film can be processed in a standard negative developer without all special Scala treatment. Available on 35mm now, roll film in 2007.

Color CN400 pro C41 film. Special color scanning film, without the orange mask. N.C. layer and produced on transparant PET layer.

Available in 35mmm and 120 roll film next month.

Color slide E-6 film. CR200 pro. Will be introduced in 2007.

>>They've manufactured outside of Japan, including the Netherlands<<

The production unit in the Netherlands (Tilburg) is closed last month due to a worldwide overproduction of the Fuji consuming films (Superia). The market for these regular films is shrinking very fast due to the fact that common people are using digital cameras mostly.

Thanks for the update, Robert. It's been a while since I bought any of Fuji's consumer grade films so I wouldn't have noticed where it was actually being manufactured.

I searched the web yesterday for clues but found nothing. Perhaps when Stephen Gandy returns from Photokina he'll have some news about this film (altho' there's no apparent connection to the Cosina/Voigtlander end of the market).

Otherwise we'll have to get out a magnifying glass and examine the fine print on the box for clues.

It was even on the Dutch television due to the fact that 250 people lost their jobs. But this necessary "clean up" was already known in the Fuji factory at the end of last year. Fuji also had to do something to cut their Superia production somewhere.

There is also a thread in APUG about Fuji the Netherlands.

24 years they produced Fujifilms in Holland.