Vivitar Series I 90mm Question

funkag

<p>I picked up a 90mm f2.5 Vivitar Series I macro lens a couple of months ago, but it did not come with the 1:1 optical extender.</p>

<p>Would I be better off optically to pick one up, or just to use extension tubes? I've not seen what impact the optics in the extender have on overall image quality. </p>

<p>Thanks! </p>

<p>or just find a Nikon PN-11 tube (used for 1:1 with the Nikon 105/f4 macro lens). The Vivitar matching one, if I remember correctly, as I can't find mine, is a 2x converter and that is how it gets to life-size(could be wrong and often am). Personally, I like the PN-11 as it has a tripod mount. You could also try to find the Vivitar 2x macro converter as that was a converter and a helicoid extension tube - gave you greater than 1:1. More glass, though.</p>

Somewhere on the net you can find the manual and a promotional brochure. Both contain a section of the lens and the 1:1 adapter. For me it looks the optical elements of the two are made to match.

Btw. I was in your situation. Bought the lens and later was willing to pay more for the converter.