TXP 220 petition

<p>That's at least the right thing to ask for. But you need to talk to camera stores throughout the country (not just Adorama and B&H), and see if they were able to sell the minimum order quantity of TXP220 before it expired. Kodak can't sell this without a willing distribution channel.<br>

I'm afraid I won't sign it, as I don't have any 220 cameras, and I'm not likely to. (Even though I do have the right Nikor developing reels.)<br>

Now, if they would make 400TX in 616 and 122, I'd gobble that up! Yummy!</p>

<p>They're right, Jim, sales volume is the king. Bill Ryan and I created 220 film back in '66 at the original Calumet in Chicago. However, many b/w films are dying especially some of the MF and LF films. As an example, Kodak lost millions for 2 or 3 years on Dye Transfer because they liked it and understood that it produced the best quality prints but they still had to kill it.</p>

<p>Lynn</p>

<p>Kelly is correct -- money talks, petitions walk. The time involved in organizing the petition would be better spent putting together an actual business deal. Go to Kodak and find out what the wholesale rate is for 220 TXP, or if they're not routinely making it anymore find out what the minimum is for a special order (a special production run if need be) and the cost. Then hit up the people who want 220 TXP for the number of rolls they want and the checks to pay for it. If enough people fork over their money, then Kodak has an order and the photographers have their film. If not, then all the signatures on the petition aren't going to mean anything anyway.</p>

<p>Craig, I tried your idea, Kodak isn't listening. I've wrtten them with an idea to have them take PRE-PAID orders on Kodakrome, TXP 200 and whatever other film is no longer made. My letter was answered with the response that they do not accept unsolicited sales/ marketing ideas. I don't know what will work. BTW, the petition is not my idea, just passing it along.</p>