To do this...

sg_adams

<p>...seems to be so worth it... just to be out and about with a junky old rig, maybe the right filter, and some sunscreen, ranger repellent, and a warm ass jacket...<br>

Disclaimer: All spelling, gramatical, and photographic errors are provided for entertainment value only. </p>

<p>Splendid work, SG. I'll think of you and your "junky old rig" and "ranger repellent" while I'm stuck in a stuffy makeshift studio phtographing e-commerce tschoschkes and other worthless stuff.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>There was a day when cameras were wooden and photographers made of steel.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That reminds me of a PBS documentary about George Masa (Masahara Izuka) and his dedication to photographing the Smokey Mts. in the early 20th century.</p>

<p>Each one is excellent. The brief adventure story with each adds to the pleasure of viewing them. And I appreciate your efforts to get to those locations. I've met numerous park rangers that were nice, but also know how one with a bad attitude can stress your enjoyment of a place. Thanks for sharing. </p>

<p>Honestly, to do this, I've had to wreck a lot of film, a car, a girlfriend or two, and my wallet, but it's been good so far, and the things I list here are not out of my control. Nor is any of the stuff I listed along with the images, I did seem to choose to be out there with the bugs and thunder. Haven't come up with anything better to do yet. Thanks for all the encouraging comments. I've a lot to learn yet with the scanning and fine tuning in PS but getting better. You'll notice where I am comfortable displaying this stuff. <br>

I really did break my tripod on Lamarck Col above the Darwin Lakes shot. I'm dead without using only GG. But it still supported the camera well enough to make a few images. The ranger I ran into was an, well everyone has one. It was July and peak mosquitoe season, and that meadow is surrounded with still water, so I was pretty cranky when I stopped to chat with this ranger. He started giving me the business about photographers using the wild places for their own gain etc etc... Windy bastard. Don't know what his problem was. Maybe he failed a photo class when he was in high school. Ruined my hike. I walked out and went somewhere else for a few days.<br>

But that turned out pretty good if I recall, and the shots from the change of plans were worth it. the tripod that was broke on the other trip was fixed stronger than new with five minute JB Weld a couple days later, and has since been replaced after it finally did fall apart. </p>