"Thousands of people take photos every day. What if one of them seems odd?

john_sidlo

<p>Hoo, boy! That's from a Police Poster seen on the Streets of London.</p><p>

The story:

<a

href="http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/visual_arts/article3574763.ece">Street

photographers fear for their art amid climate of suspicion (London Times,

3/22/08)</a></p>

<p>One of you Londoners should capture an image of this poster and post it here.

After you post bail, of course.</p>

...more stupid, ill-thought out, idiotic, CCTV society, 1984, nonsense from this current UK so-called 'government'. More reason for poorly trained police, who seem to have no grasp of the UK laws, to pull over innocent amateur snappers instead of actually spending time tracking down real criminals...or is that too demanding for the poor dears?

Report everyone you see with a camera, every camera shop, and encourage your friends and relatives to do likewise. The goal is to inundate and overwhelm authorities to the point that they see the idiocy of the current law.

Actually, I've never had a bad experience, but then I don't live in the UK where this law is currently implemented. At first I thought it was a pretty silly thing which wouldn't be enforced. After talking with British friends, however, I've come to realize that it isn't the laughing matter I once thought, and in spite of straightforward efforts to make enforcement more reasonable, it seems that some sort of outcry might be the most practical solution to force authorities to rethink its applicability.

Come on chaps, how many of us have actually been stopped, questioned, reported, arrested for taking photos in London or anywhere else in the UK? In years of taking shots around yjr streets of London I have only been challenged twice, once while taking a photo of a building for a client which happened to be next to a school playgtround and once when the building itself turned out to be a women's refuge. In both these cases a reasonable explanation settled things.

The UK police have powers to stop anyone and ask for an account of what they are doing. If you check out as legitimate (address, purpose etc) then there is no problem.

Given the scale of the problem I would have thought we photographers would be happy to answer a few questions if it made the terrorist's aim just that little bit more difficult.

first of all I haven't had a problem in London sofar. Secondly if you let influence yourself by any poster or sign than the best option might be to pack it up and find a studio or something else to do. Lastly, it's what we would call a storm in a glass of water. Best to be ignored

John Bull in khakis and pith helmet decides to go to Arabia and run things for the Empire.

Ah, the joy of Empire, with natives to attend to Mr. Bull hand and foot. They are quite stupid, so Oxbridge educated nabobs have to decide what's best for them.

Iraq, let's create this country out of land that nobody wants, as there's no oil there, and let's also constrict their access to the Persian Gulf. Let's install a buffoon who kowtows to the King of England.

The natives are still stupid, so we have to continue to rule them.

My gosh, they discovered oil, and it has the third largest reserves in the world. What do we do? Send in John Bull's son to run things.

Fast forward 50 years. The natives are pissed off that they have no rights and that power has been usurped by British-installed lackeys, now controlled by American oil interests.

Ah, thanks to the Wright brothers, we can fly into tall buildings!

So now a bunch of half-assed photographers are pissed off that they can't photograph in London.

Well, go ask John Bull why he started the whole thing.