THIS PAGE COULD NOT BE FOUND ERROR 404

FranzWeber

FWIW - based on some information from colleagues in the USA, it appears to be DNS related.

Possibly those outside USA are not experiencing the same issues - I seemed to have had zero issues.

Ironic - if you can't log in, then you can't read this - oh well let's all laugh in the face of adversity!

Carry on.

CU all soon, I hope.

WW

Postmortem: the original domain was still on an account controlled by the previous owner, and due to some new corporate requirements, we needed to quickly get control of it. We were unable to get in touch with the prior owner, so we had to do a "prove you own the domain" process that took over a week. When this process was completed, we thought we were done, and moved on to other tasks. There was no notice that we needed to jump through this particular ICANN verification hoop, and the email messages were filed to a mailbox that receives thousands of spam messages a day, so nobody noticed. I know y'all would prefer that somebody notice, but as I mentioned in another thread, we keep the site going running of charity and nostalgia, and can't yet afford to devote resources beyond occasional firefighting. This isn't likely to change for some months unless our new friends decide to invest in PN (they're intrigued, but we have a lot of higher priority integration efforts to get through first).

keep the site going running of charity and nostalgia

I have a little problem with the maintenance of this site being characterized as a "charity", I pay a yearly fee for it. And, as Ludmilla says, it's still not working properly, lots of error messages.

• Like 1

A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog.

—Jack London

Are you harboring the misconception there was actually "food to share"? Fido was nearly dinner a few times. We're *finally* in a better spot and have advocated for investment in PN, so I'm optimistic things will be less bumpy in the future.

• Like 1

I have a little problem with the maintenance of this site being characterized as a "charity", I pay a yearly fee for it.

Thank you. Your contributions help reduce the thousands we lose keeping the PN servers running, and help support a business case for renewing investment in the site.

I got two versions of this message too. The first was just 'website not verified according to ...'. The second was as Sandy posted. I've no idea what the cause was but it could (in my imagination) be related to the acquisition of Creative Live by Fiverr (transfer of ownership).

First, my sincere thanks to @Sandy Vongries and other mods who somehow together, have managed to keep this site up and running in circumstances that would have sent most website moderators running away screaming! My thanks also for keeping members informed of the 'current state of affairs' without whitewashing the deficiencies.

I'm just glad that the ICANN issue has now been resolved and I can access PN again. I missed it during the 2-3 days that it (for me) was blocked.

Here was the issue:

[ATTACH=full]1407740[/ATTACH]

• Like 2