Tetenal Leicanol

paul_gingell

<p>Hi. I've mixed up an old batch of Leicanol and am going to run a roll of Ilford Delta 100 through it. Unfortunately, Delta 100 isn't listed on the development table provided. The list I do have includes Agfapan 100 (5 mins), Pan F (6 mins), FP4 (7 mins), Plus-X Pan & Tri-X Pan (both 7 mins). Can anyone speculate as to which of these films Delta 100 might be most comparable to?<br>

Thanks in advance. Paul</p>

<p>Ilford's Delta epitaxial grain films are closer to Kodak T-Max films than to any of the others you listed. If you can find a time for T-Max 100 in that developer you might find it pretty close for Delta 100.</p>

<p>Or just split the difference, develop for 6 minutes and use it as a reference point for future rolls.</p>

<p>Haven't been able to find figures for T-Max, but a rough comparison with ID-11 suggests Leicanol works faster by perhaps a minute or so across a range of Kodak and Ilford films (not accounting for the fact that I'm comparing modern data with those of 15 - 20 years ago). <br /><br />I'll have a first stab at 7'30", purely on that basis.<br /><br />Thanks.</p>

<p>Leicanol describes itself as a one-part fine grain compensating developer in powered form. I can't say what it contains and I would guess it was discontinued by Tetenal some time in the 1990s. Equally, I'm not exactly sure what the Leica connection might have been.<br /><br />I picked it up in a local camera shop - called "The Real Camera Shop" - Manchester, UK. So far I have only tested it on an outdated Rollei Retro 400 (120), but the results were pleasing enough, despite serious fogging affecting the lower values.<br /><br />In the rare event that someone should come across a packet, minus the instructions - here are a few more of the suggested development times: Agfapan 25 (5 min), Agfapan 400 (10'), Agfa Isopan (5'), HP5 (7'), Neopan 400 (10'), Tura P150 (5'), Tura P400 (10').</p>

<p>Hi!<br>

In an old thread in a german forum I read that Leicanol is one of many Metol/Hydrchinon - variations. It's a pretty old recipe and so called because it was designed for Leica-Negatives, which was a widely used synonym for 35mm-negs in Germany. The results should be comparable to D-76, but maybe not the times.</p>