Story on Brad Evans' Photography

Spearhead

<p>San Francisco's daily newspaper, the San Francisco Chronicle, has a story on Brad and another photographer's documentary/street work. You can see and read it <a href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/07/23/DD1D1KC31A.DTL">here.</a> Unfortunately, the full article won't be online until Monday, but if you live in or near San Francisco, you can pick up the Saturday paper to read it.</p>

I don't know, that Evan's guy looks like he's packing heat! Can't wait to see the whole story. Brad's work inthe

Tenderloin and the Mission is some of my favorite and IMO Brad deserves big recognition for his work. I'm highly

envious of his ability to bring those places alive in a seemingly effortless manner that create photos that are interestng

in their content, context and purely as photographs by themselves.

Thanx Jeff

P.s. Hope i'm not embaressing Brad too much.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes - I really appreciate it! And thanks Jeff for the announcement.<P>

There'll be a journal launch party in the neighborhood on August 10th. More details later.<P>

After working on the project for about a year along with photobud Travis Jensen, it's nice seeing the great response. Our goal is to sell 300 journals (we're at

132 now), where all proceeds beyond printing costs go directly to <a href= "http://www.larkinstreetyouth.org/">Larkin

Street Youth Services</a>. That's a San Francisco organization that provides at-risk homeless and runaway youth

between the ages of 12 and 24 with emergency and transition housing, counseling, job training, medical, and other

services.<P>

You can <a href= "http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/213998">click here to check out the journal</a>. There are 52 photos along with some stories and personal anecdotes.<P>

Hope to see some of the locals at the launch party on the 10th!<P>

www.citysnaps.net

<p>Great article. I ordered my copy as well. Brad, if possible I'd like to have you and Travis sign my copy before it gets sent down here.<br>

PS - Brad, you're a retired aerospace engineer? Isn't that just a<br>

fancy-schmancy name for a rocket scientist? ;-) </p>

Hey Marc, thank you for the purchase! The magazine is printed on demand by Hewlett-Packard/MagCloud

and then sent directly to the purchaser. There's no way I can intercept that process, unfortunately.

But, if you leave it in the poly bag that it's shipped in, and attach a label addressed to me, along with postage

(around $2.30), both Travis and I would be pleased to sign it and send it back to you. I'll include a couple

bucks to make good on your postage.

Hah, aerospace engineer... That's not quite right and was apparently lost in translation during the

interview. At one time I was a systems engineer and worked in the defense industry while the cold war

was going on. I think the writer must have thought that was the same as being an aerospace engineer.

www.citysnaps.net

<p>hey brad, if you're around oakland aug. 5, i'm curating a show at the layover--1517 franklin--with the community rejuvenation project (www.crpbayarea.com). i'll have a few pics in the show, which is mixed-media: photos,stencils, canvasses, live graffiti painting. reception is 6-9. that night should be cool, a few new galleries have opened in the area, so that First Friday should be off the hook. otherwise, see you on the 10th.</p>

<p>My copy ordered too Brad & Travis - mind you it's going to take a few weeks to make it across the North Atlantic to me. Best wishes to you both with the whole endeavour, hope you exceed the 300 and the Larkin folks benefit too.</p>

<p>Heartening to see an empathetic and humane approach to this old 'art' of ours potentially being able to benefit folks less fortunate, whilst also showcasing the artist's work.</p>

<p>Hats off to you both.</p>

<p> </p>

Eric, sounds neat, and will check out your show. I may have a conflict that Friday evening helping another shooter in

SF. Will know more by the weekend. I tried to view your link, but it comes back "can't find the server." I

googled a bit and did find a blog though at: http://communityrejuvenation.blogspot.com/

John, thank you very much for your purchase and nice words - appreciate that a lot! Hope you

like your copy!

www.citysnaps.net