Similarity of PhotoForum to Photo.net

Well, "notable" seems to just be a combination of prolixity and length of membership. :)

I'm not at all sure it's something to be proud of. In fact when I saw the listing the first time, I was sort of hoping no one would notice....

Edited by JDMvW

I have to tell it again. My daughter grew up in an environment with two academics as parents.

• Once, she asked my wife how elevators worked.
  • My wife said, "Why don't you ask your father?"
  • and my pre-teen daughter (then) answered:
  • "I don't want to know THAT much about how elevators work!"

• Like 5

Xenforo allows for a lot of tweaking to suit the particular use. If there are features someone would like, there's a way to do it. APUG is now on xenforo (and looks quite different from photo.net) Lots of possibilities.

I think this version is just different from the original, not worse. A few things work better for me, too. That short-lived version a few months ago was so bad - I'm just happy they scrapped that.

Never heard of it before. There are a lot of similarities. The internet is a big place. There are a number of photography forums around. It's like walking into a different bar or coffee shop than the one you have gone into for years. PN is like Cheers, kind of gotten used to the crowd. Where everyone knows your name. lol. Remember the bizarro Jerry Seinfeld episode. A little like that.
Cheers, Mark