Re-coating lens, and LTM to bayonet adapters ?

<p>The adapters are indeed interchangeable, but each one has a notch cut in it to bring up a particular frameline. As far as the scratched front element, it all depends on the depth, width, length, and location of the scratch. Recoating will typically reduce flare, but a lens hood usually qworks fine if the scratch on the front element is negligible. In fact, some people just fill it in with a sharpie to reduce internal reflections.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>fill it in with a sharpie</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Just a technical point, real black India ink is far better. The Sharpie ink does not have enough pigment in it to properly 'black' out the scratch. Otherwise, the trick is a good one, although a lens hood is recommended in any case.</p>

I had my Thorium glass Collapsible Summicron recoated by Focalpoint- looks and works like new. You are very likely to recoupe the cost for Leica glass, which is going for a premium. My lens was like wax-paper, and unusable. Now it my best Summicron.

Shoot with the lens. Depending on how deep the scratch is, might not be a big difference. Light cleaning marks are not an issue.

If the scratch is deep into the glass, it cannot be polished out. Focalpoint removes the coating which is usually the problem, and recoats the surface. They cannot remove glass as the focal length would change.