Photoshop CS5 Extended Edition

<p>It is not 'PS5'. It's PS CS5 (extended or not).</p>

<p>What "shocks" me is that PS ver. 12 (CS5) looks and acts a lot like the CS4 I just upgraded from ($199). Bridge seems slightly faster (this is all on Windows 7 64-bit).</p>

<p>ACR 6 is identical to ACR 5.7 with just the little Noise filter changes (Patrick already mentioned this).</p>

<p>The new features of cs5 are well documented, and I for one am thrilled with the upgrade (even ignoring the speed boost osx finally got)</p>

<p>The different versions.. I can't think of anything that extended adds for photographers. It does do pretty nice 3d stuff, and it does have analysis tools that are really designed for scientific purposes. I can't think of anything offhand that photographers need however.</p>

<p>Hi Kyle,</p>

<p>You are, of course, correct; it is CS5,</p>

<p>Thank you for your comments about the differences between CS5 and CS5 Extended. They match what little I was able to find.<em> </em>I wish Adobe would post a point by point comparison.</p>

<p>I think I will probably upgrade to the regular CS5 (from the current CS2 I am using).</p>

<p> </p>

<p>If you're on osx, the upgrade is a no-brainer for the 64bit-ness.</p>

<p>Otherwise, well.. still totally worth it :) I've updated my wacom tablet function keys to include content-aware fill.. it saves quite a bit of time. (it isn't perfect of course, but many times it gets you maybe 75% of the way there in a click)</p>

<p>I am running on an i7-860 based PC with 8 GB of RAM, under Windows 7 64-bit version, that I built in January. I will get the advantage of 64-bit PS.</p>

<p>If I understand Adobe's upgrade policy correctly, CS5 is my last chance to upgrade from CS2 at a reduced price. So ... Plus I understand there are some very nice features in CS3, CS4, and CS5 that make the upgrade very worth while.</p>