Photoshop CS Education version

The difference is price and you have to be a student or teacher or be associated with a school or something. Usually the site where you are buying the software will tell you want is required. I believe that the software will be the full thing. Others will probably know more about it.

Hey Ellis,

What type of feature is that? How will it know if you are a student or not just by scanning your PC? All the sites I went to that were selling the academic versions of software, required that you show proof before they shipped it.

My daughter is a student and she wanted to purchase it so I think the scan would work fine unless it scans her brain and that might tell me something I already am aware of. But the remedy is why she is going to school (to find out how her smart her dumb Dad is after College). <p>Thanks for the responses.

I think the only difference is that retail versions come with printed user guides, and academic version do not. The software itself is the same full version as the retail package.<p>When considering the education version software, check out the price for the entire $1200 Adobe Creative Suite Premium (which includes Photoshop CS, Illustrator, InDesign, GoLive, Acrobat Professional, and Version Cue). The student price is $399, only $100 more than the $299 academic Photoshop CS alone. I enrolled in a single college course (Photoshop) just to get this price, and the actual course was kind of a perk!

Robert,

My wife is a teacher and got the educational version of the Creative Suite (Photoshop, Golive, Acrobat, InDesign & Illustrator) at this site: http://www.shoptrc.com/Product.aspx?tgid=4218&gid=13689

If you buy the entire siute, it cannot be upgraded. I think if you buy just Photoshop, it can be upgraded. When you look at the price for the suite ($378), and if you can use any of the other programs, the lack of an upgrade option is minor. We didn't get any manuals with the package, but other than the "Educational Version" designation, I haven't seen any differences.

Here are a couple of excerpts from Adobe.com about Creative Suite upgrades in general, and then about upgrading education versions:<p><a href="http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/faq.html#q8">"Q: Will I be able to upgrade from the Creative Suite to future versions of the individual products?<p>A: There is no upgrade path from the full retail version of the Adobe Creative Suite to Photoshop or any other standalone application. However, for those customers purchasing an upgrade from Adobe Photoshop to the Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe has provided additional flexibility. Customers who qualify* are eligible to upgrade to any future versions of the Adobe Creative Suite at a new suite-to-suite upgrade price, or to any future versions of Adobe Photoshop offered to Photoshop CS users. We expect that our customers who purchase the Adobe Creative Suite will be extremely satisfied with their purchase, but wish to provide this alternative for customers who wish to return to the Photoshop standalone upgrade path. Customers who have previously licensed InDesign, Illustrator, GoLive, or Acrobat as standalone products will continue to be able to upgrade those point products individually.<p>* This applies only to licensed users of the upgrade version of the Adobe Creative Suite, who were users of an earlier version of Photoshop."</a><p>and<p><a href="http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/education_pricing.html">"No longer a student?<p>An important note about upgrading your software: Your personal investment in Adobe products may continue to be valuable, even if you no longer meet the qualifications for Adobe Education pricing. Please contact the online Adobe Store or your local reseller for information about upgrades to commercial versions of your products.

"</a>