Photo Effects Software

anni_o

<p>I want a program that i can use to add effects (such as sepia, b&w, etc), but i dont want it to change how many megapixels the photo is. Is there one? Also is there one that doesnt cost heaps of money? If so what is it? Thanks.</p>

<p>Picasa - free, very easy to use, excellent for cataloging and keeping track of your photos since it can be set to routinely scan your computer for new photos. The only software I've found that's better than Picasa for the same type of efficient workflow editing is Adobe's Lightroom, which costs over $100 but is available with a 30 day free trial.</p>

<p>Snapseed offers lots of fun and useful editing tweaks, and is very easy to use. The trial version is free and full featured. I didn't buy it for my PC, but the app price is very reasonable and it's a good alternative to Hipstamatic and Instagram photo effects.</p>

<p>I agree with Lex and Stephen - both GIMP and Picasa provide what you likely need initially. Both are free and get regular updates. Picasa comes with the added support of easily setting up online albums for sharing, although the Google+ world is not as attractive to me as the "legacy" online Picasa albums were.</p>