NYIP photo classes....

derick_miller

<p>I took the Professional Course years ago when it was film based. I "graduated" in 2003. I liked it so much that I took the Advanced Scenic and Nature course, and completed that in 2004. I then took the Complete Digital Course and completed that in 2007. I am an amateur with no plans to be more than an amateur. I felt the courses were very helpful. The teaching techniques made sense to me. The evaluations by the instructor(s) were useful. The only criticism I had was that at the time I took the digital course, I felt that the material was out-dated. I complained and NYIP said I could continue some more, and that if I was still unhappy that my tutition would be refunded. Obviously I continued to the end.<br>

So, I am a supporter and have reccomended it to others.</p>

<p>Dave</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I've never taken a class there, but for what it is worth - I have colleagues that have that really enjoyed their time at NYIP.<br>

We're actually working on an independent list of "top schools" based on real feedback from real people. If you have literally 30 seconds, your feedback would really help other students struggling with a decision. <a href="https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/topschoolsPnet">https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/topschoolsPnet</a> </p>

• 1 month later...

<p>I am a current member of the NYIP professional course and I find it very good so far. The courseware they provide has just been updated. Although the fundamentals haven't changed, there's something nice about seeing a video of someone in a late 70's leisure suit in 2013 that isn't confidence inspiring. Regardless, here's my take.<br>

Unit 1 is pure fundamentals - Aperture, exposure, shutter speed. Send shots meeting their criteria and within roughly a week, you will have a grade along with an audio recording where they speak about each photo you submitted individually and what you could have done better along with what they liked. <br>

I am currently on unit 3 and as you can guess, the shots become slightly more challenging. Challenging, not difficult. In units 1 and 2, I submitted shots which simply demonstrated what they asked. Now I yearn for something that may make their photo-of-the-week. <br>

Pace of the course is what you want it to be. You have no time pressure to submit your next assignment so.. there's really nothing stopping anyone from doing it. <br>

Good luck!</p>