no cable release

<p>David, it seems that you haven't learned from your last question, we can't read your mind! Let us know what camera you're talking about and how you're using your camera, instead of a cryptic question. Do you need to wait for something to run by you, and you actually need a cable release? Do you just want to not shake your camera when taking a tripod-mounted photo? As some intrepid members have figured out from your past posting (which is just as lacking in information), you are likely asking about the a6000.</p>

<p>As everyone has already mentioned, there are a plethora of options available. I have a NEX-6. First of all, you can just set the exposure and then use the auto-timer, which will do the same thing for you as a cable release. Second, you can always buy the Sony RMT-DSLR2 remote, which from a functionality standpoint, is like a cable release on steroids. And third, but unfortunately temporarily unavailable, are the Playmemories applications. You buy them just like you would an app for your smartphone or tablet.</p>

<p>Another option is to use a short burst and while the first frame is likely to be NBG the next frame or two will be AOK. Cable releases of the mechanical kind are ancient tech :-) Though early on I made a gadget which held a mechanical cable release over the trigger button and mounted on the accessory shoe ....but I never used it for 'real' as 10 second delay has answered my purposes mainly until recent use of burst. I also have an electronic cable release rarely used [ Panasonic with a 45ft extension lead ]</p><div>00ctVA-551862484.jpg.47dabe1e9f8b8e0ccae8a42e86b195cb.jpg</div>