Nikon and Flat Earthers

While I am content in my little round Earth belief system and photographing my exploration using a Canon, Sony, maybe this or common sense is why I am not jumping on board this wagon. But not so apparently for some that shoot with Nikon. :rolleyes:

Starting the New Year with one step over the line, F Stoppers has this article about how Nikon Cameras prove the Earth is flat. LINK

Silly Nikoners just won't accept this reality could be a 3D holographic illusion being played on advanced alien AI computers in another dimension. lol. :p And I sip on another cup of Baileys. Sit back and enjoy as this thread passes that Entering Twilight Zone City Limits sign post. All in good fun. lol :D The Headline made me laugh.

Edited by Mark Keefer
  • Like 1
Cheers, Mark

Why until April ? This is a serious discussion we are having - feel free to join in.

It is well known that the flat earth stands on the backs of four elephants, who themselves stand on the shell of a giant turtle. The so-called 'stars' are in fact highlights in the eyes of other turtles carrying other worlds.

This is a serious discussion we are having - feel free to join in.

Seriously! Sorry, but Pythagoras proved the earth was spherical, 500 BCE. The Flat Earth Society is based in Iowa, where the world really is flat - as far as the eye can see anyway. You can spot company coming half a day in advance, with plenty of time to set the table (or pull the blinds).

• Like 1

It must be psychologically difficult living in a world so filled with fakery and deceit. All those astronauts and pilots and scientists in a giant cabal. The polar explorers, the astromers, even the mathematicians.

I would suppose at least that flat earthers would be rabid environmentalists, and oppose those who deny global warming. Because, of course, if the melting of Antarctica continues at the current rate, all the oceans will run out and we'll be left literally high and dry. It must be terribly frightening to live in such a precarious world where the earth could one day spring a leak and dribble into outer space.

• Like 1

It must be psychologically difficult living in a world so filled with fakery and deceit. All those astronauts and pilots and scientists in a giant cabal. The polar explorers, the astromers, even the mathematicians.

I would suppose at least that flat earthers would be rabid environmentalists, and oppose those who deny global warming. Because, of course, if the melting of Antarctica continues at the current rate, all the oceans will run out and we'll be left literally high and dry. It must be terribly frightening to live in such a precarious world where the earth could one day spring a leak and dribble into outer space.

What a great Twilight Zone that would make. And as the ice melts, we see a paniced flat earther franticly warning everyone this is the end of times, cut to a mom telling a child it is time to clean their flat earth terarium, next we see the lid being pulled off the sky and a giant hand with a hose coming down to start cleaning, the flat earther finally feels that he has been proven justified as he sees the shocked faces of the disbelievers and nay sayers looking up in horror, a giant hose spraying water, a great wave a mile high engulfing modern civilization, the next great flood happens and civilization once again is wiped clean and knocked down to peg one. Lol.

Edited by Mark Keefer
  • Like 3
Cheers, Mark

What a great Twilight Zone that would make. And as the ice melts, we see a paniced flat earther franticly warning everyone this is the end of times, cut to a mom telling a child it is time to clean their flat earth terarium, next we see the lid being pulled off the sky and a giant hand with a hose coming down to start cleaning, the flat earther finally feels that he has been proven justified as he sees the shocked faces of the disbelievers and nay sayers looking up in horror, a giant hose spraying water, a great wave a mile high engulfing modern civilization, the next great flood happens and civilization once again is wiped clean and knocked down to peg one. Lol.

Or, instead, it could just be a documentary about the rising waters currently be experienced in southern Florida. Without the need for hyperbolic nonsense about the end of days, some honest and sober thinking could be just the ticket.

• Like 1
There’s always something new under the sun.

Or, instead, it could just be a documentary about the rising waters currently be experienced in southern Florida. Without the need for hyperbolic nonsense about the end of days, some honest and sober thinking could be just the ticket.

Oh, now let me get my tin foil hat, sea levels rising, :rolleyes: are you buying into that conspiracy theory,o_O you are making the flat earther's look sane, next it will be temperatures rising and we have to buy carbon credits from Guadamocaloopa to save the planet. When will it end. It's common knowledge Florida is sinking just like the rest of Atlantis. I saw the Republican senator showing a snowball saying there is no global warming. o_O Furthermore this Article in Science - Headline "Republican lawmaker: Rocks tumbling into ocean causing sea level rise" LINK - Just read the headline in "SCIENCE" should be good enough for most common sense folks, no read to the entire article to confuse your mind reading the complex details. :p And other popular theories are the sun is putting out more heat, even the Martian polar ice caps are melting, there is the popular universe is shrinking, maybe Florida is shrinking faster. Oh and this one is real cutting edge, The Large Hadron Collider Make An Earth-Killing Black Hole - you remember the search for the "God Particle" and the quest for ripping a hole into an anti-matter universe to obtain small quantities of elusive anti matter to tap into tremendous energy potential. Well maybe some of these subatomic black holes have been created, slipped between the atoms of the collider and down to the center of earth and gradually the event horizon has been expanding sucking in matter inside the earth causing land masses to sink. LINK to article in Forbes.

Snicker - Just having fun playing devil's advocate. lol, I can see why Colbert liked to to this on Comedy Central, rocks falling into the ocean is a classic. They make it too easy. :D And on a serious note. there has been a lot of serious thought on the subject and yes some of the above is what the subject matter runs up against and it should be painfully obvious that there are other agenda$ driving the re$ponse. Profits vs Oh $h!t these people want to cut into my profits and the profits of my backers. And the powers that be do think average folks are not intelligent enough to figure it out and are easily distracted onto the next buzz in the news cycle. Oh don't look now, got to run, UPS is here to pick up some more ice.

So if you want to really do something and not just yap about it, do something. Be part of the solution. o_O

327593533_IceCubesforAntarctica.thumb.jpg.1c5953b6ee267cb303a080eaf434153d.jpg

Edited by Mark Keefer
Cheers, Mark

These are the same people who dont believe in the Moon landings, right?

Oh the flat earther couldn't believe the moon landings were real. They would be shunned from the flat earth temple for sure, though I have no clue what the real penalty would be, but after all the rocket would have slammed into the dome for sure if there is a dome.

Now will all the moon landing conspiracy theorists believe in the flat earth dome is another matter completely, they may be all over the place. Ideas could range from the astronauts would have been killed by radiation passing through the Van Allen belt to it was a farce because there is a secret space force already using reversed engineered alien technology to we already have wormhole teleportation technology to it was all faked on the studio and 90% of the NASA budget goes to fund a secret party island for the illuminati elite. They say face facts, who would know, NASA is so compartmentalized even insiders couldn't blow the whistle and all we see is a rocket launch and images on a video screen, some numbers on a computer read out. What a perfect scam. Just like the high paid physicists doing complex math. No normal person can read the gobbledygook chicken scratching, so they just write numbers and symbols and tell us this proves we need to spend more money researching some high tech phenomena before the Russians or Chinese figure it out first.

(I am having a hard time writing this all and not laughing.):D

But when they launch the Orion rocket to Mars, I hope they are there with their Nikon long lens. :p

Edited by Mark Keefer
Cheers, Mark

Not to belabour the point, but according to British Standards, filters are 'Optically Flat'. However, if you take these parameters and extrapolate, you end up with a sphere some 50 miles in diameter. Therefore, according to British Standards, the Earth is Optically Flat.

Just saying.

• Like 1

In the land of fairy a voice spoke. It was a loud voice and many people listened, and felt a deep spiritual believe. Not my mate Sandy.

Some folks will believe in anything. Just need someone to tell them to believe. Happy to believe in anything or a nebulas something. To be guided into a better place.

Hale-Bop comet.. Some middle educated American students believed they were in direct communication with Alien beings who lived on the Comet.

And they had a special Messiah ( the bloke with the big mouth) and decided to end themselves to travel the universe for eternity with their new Alien friends.

Sad, but often truth is stranger than any fiction the mind can conceive of.

Edited by Allen Herbert
  • Like 1