New York City Subway

sliu

Yes, very good shots. I too recently did some shooting on the LA Red Line subway (North Hollywood to Union Station). I was a little leary at first because I was unsure if I was crossing a legal line in doing so. Subways of course are a terrorist target at times. However, I figured that a subway is till considered a public place so I went along my merry way and shot about 7 frames of a 120 roll of Delta 3200. Nobody said anything, but then I find the waist level finder to be a discreet way of shooting, especially with a RZ67!

Cheers,

Marc

I really like the third shot. It has a really nice feel to it and the composition is goo too. The fourth shot is good too. It almost looks like they're going to hang you for smoking on the subway with the pull coard hangind down like a noose. Sounds more like California. :)

Tim

I see that we all have our favorites. I love number three with the hand holding thingies hanging down.

These photos have an old-time feel to it, so I looked closer. One of the wall signs was an ad for war bonds?!?!? Number 1, with the kid in front of a Campbells soup ad looks like it was taken in the early 1900s. Was this an historical subway?

I think #3 is the strongest. Some of the others suffer from being

underexposed - none of the fast color neg films are anything like

as fast as their rated speeds. If the light's really low you'd be

better off using Portra 800 or NPZ and, theoretically,

overexposing by a stop - it would give better results than

underexposed 400.