New Subscriber not acknowledged by Photo.net

alberto.conde

I'm seeing slightly odd response times too. It seems bimodal, i.e. 1/2 the time access is virtually instant. However the 1/2 the time pages take forever to load. It never just seems slow. It doesn't look like a slow download, it looks like the server is waiting a long time before sending any information back, then it sends it fast.

I don't know if this is a problem with the server itself or with the connection to the server. I suspect it is the server, but that part of the system isn't something I mess with. I'm sure it's being looked at though. Maybe Brian or Patrick can give us an update.

<i>Maybe Brian or Patrick can give us an update.</i>

<p>

That would have to be Brian, because as much I as like to help out, I don't do systems administration (and I too experienced delays and time-outs yesterday).

Mine took much longer. A friend had subscribed at the same time and got his icon within a couple of days. Mine got missed. I e mailed (I forget what address and cannot find the old e mail) Brian and asked about it, after about a week or 2. He had some technical difficulty with his ISP and had to go back and look for all the subscriptions he has missed due to the problem. He missed finding mine altogether, until my e mail. So, well, shit happens. (Pardon my Dutch). Its not a big deal.