Monday in Nature, 18 June 2018

DavidTriplett

David, you sounded like Enrico Fermi

Supriyo, better like Fermi, dwelling unendingly in the Drake equation, than like Robert Oppenheimer: “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds”. Now look what you've done! You've unmasked the uber-geek in me. Now I'll have to go hide and rearrange my disguise (again). Just don't bring Schrodinger's Cat into it and we'll be OK.:eek:;)

• Like 1

Supriyo, better like Fermi, dwelling unendingly in the Drake equation, than like Robert Oppenheimer: “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds”. Now look what you've done! You've unmasked the uber-geek in me. Now I'll have to go hide and rearrange my disguise (again). Just don't bring Schrodinger's Cat into it and we'll be OK.:eek:;)

Schrodinger’s cat - ambiguity in art can fuel viewer’s imagination, so in a way can be seen as artist’s friend. None of our photos here intend to be ambiguous, so not bringing the cat, dead or alive.

BTW, Oppenheimer was at least truly terrified when he uttered those words, as opposed to Teller who proudly touted himself as “the father of the H-bomb”.

• Like 1

Schrodinger’s cat - ambiguity in art can fuel viewer’s imagination, so in a way can be seen as artist’s friend. None of our photos here intend to be ambiguous, so not bringing the cat, dead or alive.

BTW, Oppenheimer was at least truly terrified when he uttered those words, as opposed to Teller who proudly touted himself as “the father of the H-bomb”.

Teller was a frightening conservative. I had the opportunity to interview him when I was in high school and he scared me with his warmongreing views.

• Like 1