How to clean a Fingerprint from a EOS 1200D Lens?

anthony_w.

There are special cleaning solutions and tissues available for lens cleaning purposes. The cleaning solutions mainly

consist of isopropyl alcohol, if you can get hold of isopropyl alcohol you can use this. Pecpads are one of the brands of

tissues. Most photography stores sell cleaning kits consisting of tissues and liquid cleaner. Don't use the liquid on a lens directly;

moisten a tissue and carefully rub the lens. Don't be too afraid, lenses have anti reflexion coatings that are not easily

damaged.

<p>I use the inside of whatever cotton t-shirt I'm wearing, as long as it's not soaked, to clean the front element. Sometimes, if it's a lens I really care about, I'll use a microfiber cloth I keep in a ziplock bag inside the camera bag.</p>

I use a small blower/brush and a microfiber cleaning cloth for this. First blow off any dust on the lens and then

gently use the brush. I do this to remove any potential abrasive particles on the lens. Next some warm breath

on the lens (from your mouth), followed by a gentle cleaning with the microfiber. This should get rid of any

finger prints on the lens. For really dirty lenses, apply a small amount of lens cleaning solution on a section of the

microfiber, then wipe with the dry section. You should be able get these items for about $10.