Hassy SWC 6x4.5 Viewfinder Mask

john_kowalski

John, I wasn't going to respond, since I didn't know there was such a mask. But when no one responded, I took out my old SWC for a look. I can't see anything in the finder that would retain a mask, such as a slot toward the front. Are you sure there is a mask? I suppose it could just clip onto the front of the finder?

I had one a few years ago I got from Gil Ghitelman. As usual, I found that I hardly ever shot 645 so sold the mask and the A-16 and now wish I'd kept it.

I gather the little snap-on metal mask is a rather obscure item; could be it's such an obscure and inexpensive (well, relatively) item that no one bothers to advertise them. It was $35 about eight years ago.

There is a slip-on metal mask that goes over the older SWC viewfinder. I bought mines off of EBay. I think that I paid about $45 for it. Steep, but a lifesaver if you plan to shot with the A-16 back.You can try and check on EBay. I will try to locate the person that I bought it form and see if he has any more. By the way, my was brand new and unused.

• 17 years later...
Years later, I have a need for this mask, that slips onto the finder. I'm looking for one that fits the newer finder for late-model SWC, the one that shows the bubble level in the same view as the finder image. Any ideas where there might be one?