Good photos taken with a TLR

cintia_k

<p>I know the TLR might be a better camera for portraitures than architecture, but somehow I am still curious if there are any good examples of the following taken by a TLR, whether with a Seagull or Rolleiflex... ...<br>

-architecture<br />-cityscapes<br />-landscapes<br>

And I am also interested to see some good B&W images... ... wonder if anyone can point me to some good portfolios.<br>

Thanks and wish you have a nice day. </p>

<p>Uncropped, at least, the 6x6 or 6x7cm formats are not all that great for landscapes of the broad vista kind. However, everyone I know who ever used these cameras has cropped all over themselves - citing croppy photographs as a unique benefit of squarish, medium formats.<br>

You ask for examples at a bad time, when many forums have just been criticized for crappy as opposed to croppy pictures. Well, here's at least one example, but taken with a Pentacon 6TL 6cm SLR with a Zeiss Sonnar 180mm f/2.8 lens.</p><div>00YuH8-370429584.jpg.cbca460dbcb281806952750798263cbf.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks everyone for your kind replies and generous answers! Didn't expect so many answers in such a short time :)<br>

I've been amazed at what this photographer is doing: http://www.martinstavars.com (he might be using some other cameras... maybe digital?)<br>

A lot of square formats and I'm actually looking around for photographers with similar styles. Do you happen to know anyone doing similar styles?</p>

<p>Again, thanks everybody for your nice pictures. It's a joy to look into them!!!</p>

<p>Thanks Purdy! His photos are nice. Specially love the Huangshan series---a reminiscence of the old Chinese ink-in-water landscape scrolls.<br>

Somehow I wonder what technique they use? Something I would like to explore... ... For example, any filters applied? A lot of post-production? Any special kinds of film negatives? Or just simple B&W?</p>

<p>There is a lot of information on Michael Kenna on line if you search google. But for the most part he is using an older Hasselblad with a couple of different lenses and shoots a lot on Tri-X. I have seen one of his shows and he makes small prints on a standard paper, I think Ilford MG and tones his work in sepia/selenium. He likes to work with really long exposures so often works at night though his images don't look like night. It is interesting to research him.<br>

Dennis</p>