Fuji increases film prices in April 2014

Fuji is set to raise prices again in April, they cite double digit figures, looks like it is up 10% for U.S. customers:

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/press/news/display_news?newsID=880552

Glad I bought several hundred rolls of Acros in 120 when it was less than $3 a roll. Now it will be on par with Tmax 100 and a bit more

than Ilford Delta 100. Better than seeing them discontinue it.

I put an order in to restock my fridge, and about had a stroke over the bill. I am

starting to reassess the wisdom of continuing to feed the Hasselblad. Too bad. I

would like to think it was due to silver prices, and that the price would come down

someday, but not likely.

<blockquote>

<p>Hmmm. 10%+ on a 5 buck roll is, um, let's see...</p>

</blockquote>

<p>....Is not nearly as bad as buying discontinued films like Tachpan, HIE and APX25 on ebay for a lot more...:-)<br>

We all know that film prices are going to continue to climb. Some will cry uncle at a certain price point, some will simply enter the amount as a line item in their annual deductions as a cost of doing business. </p>

<p>As far as is know, is Fuji staying in the B&W negative business?<br>

<br />Seems that Kodak has color negative, Fuji color reversal, and Ilford B&W negative. If there isn't enough demand to keep the business competitive, they will be monopolies for each.</p>

-- glen

<p>I think it's inaccurate to pigeonhole the manufacturers in this way. Kodak in particular offers several popular black & white options. It's true that Fujifilm is the main provider of reversal film, but, for example, Agfa-branded reversal film is still manufactured and cut/packaged as standard 135 rolls:<br>

<a href="http://www1.lupus-imaging-media.com/en/agfaphoto-film/agfaphoto-ct-precisa-cu-135-diafilm-detail.html">

http://www1.lupus-imaging-media.com/en/agfaphoto-film/agfaphoto-ct-precisa-cu-135-diafilm-detail.html</a></p>

<p>With regard to the future, nobody knows.</p>

<p>I reckon you can still get Fuji C200 Colour Neg at around 2 pounds per roll, simply convert to b/w in PS or print on b/w paper if you still do your own enlarging. In fact, locally I can get Fuji C200 rebranded as Agfa Vista 200 for £1 per 24exp roll. As cheap as it ever was.</p>

<p>I am back from Tokyo, where I could find films easily in the big Yodobashi Camera stores, for example in the shop near Ueno station. Velvia 50 costs JPY1280, Velvia 100 JPY980 and Provia 100F JPY1180 for a 135/36 film. Films are kept in the cold, and you can find all sizes, including remaining stocks of 135/24 film that I used (Velvia 100F, beyond JPY600 if I remember well). There is some Kodak Portra 800 too, by the way.</p>

<p>I also found a Fujifilm leaflet with their film lines as of april 2013. The main films shown inside, with a renewed packaging, and detailed description, are :<br>

- Fujichrome Velvia 50<br>

- Fujichrome Velvia 100<br>

- Fujichrome Provia 100F<br>

- Fujicolor Pro 400H<br>

- Neopan Acros 100<br>

- and also Fujichrome RP Print Neo paper.<br>

On the back of the leaflet, there are the other film lines remaining : Velvia 100F, Provia 400X, Pro400, Pro160NS and Neopan 400 Presto. Fujibromide papers and Fujifilm Art Emulsion 300mL container are also quoted.</p>

<p>In main touristic areas, you can find single-use film cameras easily, as well as Fujicolor films. In shops like Village Vanguard, you could find 110 film and cameras from Lomo, but no Fujifilm except the instant camera film Instax that you can find everywhere.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...