Flash Photography Book

jzq

Can anybody recommend a good flash photography book? One that tells me

everything from the philosophy behind different types of set-ups down to the

nuts and bolts of what cable releases are and how to manually meter my flash?

Harry you can't be serious. The Strobist site is arguably one of the most useful, educational and inspirational photo-related resources on the Web and has a huge devoted following. You're going to warn someone away because of "subtle promotional messages"? I'm in disbelief that the working professional who runs that site doesn't charge for the information he provides, much less worried about "subtle promotional messages". There are plenty of sites across the 'net relating to general photography, to scanning film, to post-processing, etc. But there is nothing that even comes close to the Strobist's site for teaching the sometimes difficult and often intimidating subject of flash photography so well. Better than any book I think.

"The Strobist site is arguably one of the most useful, educational and inspirational photo-related resources on the Web and has a huge devoted following"

The HUGE following is where I stumble. Sorry Franz, but I just recently took a course in Flash/Night Photography. The teacher recomended the Strobist website as our textbok. I visted this site and patiently went through the archives for answer to some of my questions which I never found. Sorry, but I'm afraid of cult-like followings. I'm not saying that this is not a good site, but there is a reason why they are online. There are not that many books on Flash photography available, because the subject is still hit-and-miss. I had to go back to the book "Electronic Flash (Petersons Photographic Library" written in the 1980's to get some straight forward answers. answers