Exposure puzzle

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by bitphotospace, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Gents - thanks again and I'll call it a day as your divergence into ISO standards etc. is certainly beyond my primitive comprehension and my reason for initiating this thread. I'll just live with the D700 and appreciate what I could claw back regardless (J.R. below before and after wrongly spot metered in a hurry thinking"tis dumb-dumd again with the blackbox!"). Salutes to all gearheads out there.
    DSC_4859.jpg DSC_4859_02.jpg

2. I often photograph horses that are a very similar colour to your canine friend. I'm always surprised by just how dark they really are and the meter doesn't agree.

Sometimes I think dark brown somehow appears bright to the camera! Maybe it's their shiny dark fur.....? :D

3. he’s actually black&tan and a nightmare to shoot- spot meter and the whole scene horrendously overexposes. Matrix meter and he just seamlessly blends in the shadows and disappears. Must shoot raw.

mike_halliwell likes this.
  4. Apparently that's the main reason more black cats remain in rescue centres than any other colour.

They're hard to take pictures of for social media posts!

rodeo_joe|1 likes this.
  5. Thank goodness for that!
    Otherwise the Internet would definitely break from the googleplex of extra cat images posted every half-hour.:cool:

6. IMG_20210505_141443.jpg
    What? Cute little me... evil?
    How dare you!?