eBay reshipping service for International sales...have you used it?

I've been selling a lot of old gear that has been sitting. A good number of the sales go to buyers in foreign countries.

Has anyone used eBay's reshipping service outside of the USA? I was wondering what they charge you.

This morning a guy bought an old Zeiss Ulton lens from me. He paid $20 for USA shipping and now has to pay more for getting it reshipped. I think he may be in Australia. These foreign buyers must really want the gear and have no local outlets for it. (Unless they are lucky enough to live in Japan.) I've never sold any gear to Japan, but have bought lots of gear from Japan.

Used it as a buyer. The big advantage for international buyers is that eBay takes care of taxes and import duties, and it's clearly shown on the auction listing, so there are no nasty surprises.

The higher price can easily be offset if the item is cheaper than any available locally.

I've sold many items via Global Shipping, but I've never bought using it. Sometimes overseas buyers ask for a price for direct posting to try to avoid the higher Global Shipping cost. But 90% just pay up with no comment. Even before the UK left the EU, most sales to EU countries were via Global Shipping. It provides a much wider audience for auctions, the only problem being that not all countries are covered (at least, from the UK).

Two of my sales, out of quite a lot, did not reach the buyer, although they did reach the Global Shipping Centre. I contacted eBay Customer Services and they refunded the buyers with no quibbles at all.

Edited by John Seaman

I've sold many items via Global Shipping, but I've never bought using it. Sometimes overseas buyers ask for a price for direct posting to try to avoid the higher Global Shipping cost. But 90% just pay up with no comment. Even before the UK left the EU, most sales to EU countries were via Global Shipping. It provides a much wider audience for auctions, the only problem being that not all countries are covered (at least, from the UK).

Two of my sales, out of quite a lot, did not reach the buyer, although they did reach the Global Shipping Centre. I contacted eBay Customer Services and they refunded the buyers with no quibbles at all.

That is good to know. As long as it gets to eBay I'm off the hook.