DIY Large format camera - Super Basic

<p>Grats & thanks for sharing. The video was inspiring although the camera looked scarily shaky to me.<br>

Curiosity: how did you get an ISO setting for the paper figured out? And what are you using for the darkroom videos? Does that video kit work for film processing too?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Grats & thanks for sharing. The video was inspiring although the camera looked scarily shaky to me.<br /> Curiosity: how did you get an ISO setting for the paper figured out? And what are you using for the darkroom videos? Does that video kit work for film processing too?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Jochen, <br>

The ISO of the paper was obtained through testing with smaller (real camera). The darkroom video and processing part was recorded using Sony camera with "nightshot" option. For film processing, however, everything needs to be done in total darkness, so no camera will work. </p>

<p>I worked with paper negatives years ago. The negative stock I used was single weight paper rated at ISO speed (1). Upon exposure I processed the negative with paper developer, fixed and rinsed. Before drying I sandwiched the negative against a wet sheet of double weight printing paper and with a roller squeeged out the air bubbles. It was a successful task though I have not done darkroom work for a long time. I may have to start again to use my film cameras with black and white film.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Quite amazing results with such a basic LF camera build. I keep toying with the idea of a sliding box camera but in 8X10 so I can use film holders. That is about the biggest holders I can afford used. Even then a couple of holders would be the single most expensive part of the whole setup. The paper would be cheaper at that size and I already have the trays and chemicals for processing that format. </p>