Developing Kodak TMAX P3200 as 800 ISO?

jc_mcguire

<p>I've shot a roll of P3200 using my Diana Mini. Obviously with that camera, exposure options are limited, but I shot mostly at night. some pictures were done with Cloudy/Bulb settings, various times on the exposures. For developer, I have Clayton F76+ as that is what is available to me at school. How much time should I develop the film for at 70 degrees Fahrenheit? I was thinking maybe 9 minutes? too much, too little?</p>

<p>http://www.digitaltruth.com/ > massive development chart > tmax p3200 ; F76+ =<br /> http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php?Film=TMax+P3200&Developer=F76&mdc=Search<br /> which shows 8 - 8.25 minutes with a 1:9 dilution @ 20°C, click on time/temp chart, find 8 minutes on the bottom, come up to 20°C line, follow the diagonal up to 21°C and you get around 7.25 to 7.5 minutes (7 minutes 15 seconds to 7 minutes 30 seconds).</p>

<p>Charles has good advice. The temperate compensation chart is OK for approximate (average) results. If at all possible develop at a tested published time since not all film developer combinations work for this average chart. Some developers and films need more of less time than the average given by this chart. If your developer is 70F and the published time is 68F just put the bottle in fridge (or bowl of cold water) for a few minutes while you get your film in the tank and set up. Then use it when it hits 68F. If room temp is about 70F the developer is 68F the temp will rise during development but very little. If it is 68F going into the tank I find it is less than a half degree warmer coming out of the tank after development.</p>

• 1 month later...