couple of questions on Photo Formulary TD-16

1) Am cleaning out my used Dektol jugs (glass) in order to contain TD-16. Found a very effective and easy way of cleaning out the remaining crud in my re=purposed growler jugs that used to contain Dektol:

This Ingenious Trick Is The Best Way To Clean Glass Bottles · Jillee

Works like a charm! Rinsed the jugs several times... they look very clean. Should they now be safe to contain TD-16?

2) Acquired some Efke 100 in the 120 film size... the TD-16 instructions have no data on that film. Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks all.

Edited by PaulWhiting
www.paulwhitingphotography.com

It's just developer. How 'safe' does it need to be? Cross-contamination from any remaining Dektol crud isn't going to make a blind bit of difference unless there are bits floating free that could land on your film.

That linked 'secret tip' is just a click-bait site. Don't bother going there. It can be summed up in one sentence: Use rock salt and vinegar shaken up in the bottle, and/or (wowser) use a bottle-brush.

Hot water should be good enough.

I keep my currently unused, but previously used, bottles full of water, which will eventually dissolve

most of what can dissolve. Then a few rinses, with some shaking, in hot water and they should be ready.

I have never tried it, but a dishwasher could be used, too. The highly alkaline detergents should do a

good job with most photographic chemicals.

Directions for Nikor tanks recommend nitric acid, which also helps passivate the surface.

That should also work well with plastic and glass bottles.

-- glen