Clients from Hell

A very amusing site with brief stories/conversations about "problem clients." Most are sent in by designers, but they're things photographers can definitely relate to:

http://clientsfromhell.net

An example:

"Client: I don’t like the way you’ve placed those two trees!

Me: OK, where would you like them instead?

Client: I don’t know, I just don’t like them that way. Can you not put them in a line like that?

Me: You… don’t want these two trees to be in a line?

Client: Right. Don’t put them in a line.

Me: Should I put them in a circle instead?

Client: Yes! That would be much better!"

Tim - having worked with both government and private-sector clients for the past few decades I can assure you that this type of "thinking" is not relegated to only one sector. It's kind of a nicely-smeared varnish over the population, regardless of who pays them, or even if they figure out how to pay themselves, actually.

<blockquote>

<p>Yes, it's scary that they're able to vote. Scarier still that they're able to reproduce.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Clear and rational thinking isn't needed for reproduction. Actually, clear and rational thinking often gets in the way of reproduction.</p>

<p>make me remember all kind of strange comment i receive when i was a designer...one of them was;</p>

<p><em>" This is amazing! it look like ad i see in high end magazine... but it make our clothes look too expensive, can you add a big 19.99$ beside the image or something? " ..</em></p>

<p><em>" B&W images dont sell, its not good to put that in a store.. people wont come in to buy my clothes "</em> .... ( a year or so later, a big chain store make a grand reopening and put B&W poster and geant billboard all over the place, the press talk about it like crazy how it was no new and different... the next season, a lot of client just follow this new trend.. suddendly, B&W could sell!)</p>

<p>I think customers are getting worse, perhaps correlating to the decline of etiquette. I sometimes think they are anti-business. After all, we are consumers too. If someone is impossible to deal with, why would I buy from them, or even recommend them to any friends or acquaintances. </p>