Canon photo 2018 #08 2018-02-22

Discussion in 'Canon EOS' started by jdebever, Feb 22, 2018.

1. As usual, up to 3 photo's , 1000 pix max.

Fred you are right, we need more pink hair..
    pink_IMG_8785_ps.jpg

2. And something about panda's. (should have paid attention..but was busy taking pix.)
    panda_IMG_8779_ps.jpg

JRCrowe, Mark Keefer and TriggerHappy like this.
  3. Tuesday i went to the zoo in Arnhem. Burgers Light.
    Haven't had time to process the photo's , so here's a quicky from the entrance.
    giraf_IMG_8841_ps.jpg

4. That pink hair would be great to have. If only it would look just like that when I got out of bed in the morning. :)
    There was this really beautiful light over Klädesholmen the other day.
    _D8A4967---Copy.jpg 5D Mark IV, 100mm Tokina Macro

5. ***-3.jpg
    Acapulco.

Mark Keefer and TriggerHappy like this.
  6. 0005-2.jpg

Sunset on the beach, Acapulco.

Mark Keefer and TriggerHappy like this.
  7. Jan, I don't have more pink hair that I can think of, so I'm going to switch gears (pardon the pun) and here's a pink car, followed by some more cars.

Pink car with Andy at China Camp, Marin County, California
    andy-pink-car_0311-w.jpg

5D MkII, EF 24-105 f/4 L

8. Mini car and scene in store window in the Mission District, San Francisco
    mini-car-mission_4295-w.jpg

30D, EF 24-105 f/4 L

9. Trolley car and pedestrian at Castro and Market, San Francisco
    trolley-legs_8655-w.jpg

30D, EF 24-105 f/4 L

10. Spearhead

Spearhead Moderator Staff Member

This will be my last Canon Thursday post.
    [​IMG]

11. Daisy_.jpg
    80D + Tamron 18-400mm lens.

12. Hydrant maintenance, NYC.

NYC 10 2015 10.jpg

13. This guy didn't get the memo about being afraid and running away from vehicles at the Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge. He walked down the levee slope within 8 feet of my car then turned around and walked back to the top of the levee, heard the sound of thunder, and then crowed his disapproval of the loud noise and flew off. He definitely had an attitude. 5D MKIV Sigma 150-600 ISO 400 1/320 f 6.3 _A0A8657-Edit.jpg

14. Wow! Very unusual behavior in the US. They feed them in the UK, so they would often act like that. Was it mating season? That's the only time I've seen them being that aggressive.

15. It was yesterday, but it might be a little early for mating season. We are having an early spring here in California. I was surprised because i saw around twenty males and they all flew or ran away when I got within about 50 yards. I thanked him for letting me take his picture though. He got so close I had to switch to my 7D with the 70-200 on it because the Sigma couldn't focus close enough.

dcstep likes this.
  16. Could be a high testosterone guy!

17. Once in a while you see a pheasant that acts like that. I photographed one last fall where I could drive up to it and step out of the car. I got a shot even though I had a wide-angle on. The male, because it was a male, walked away from me but not in a terrible hurry. It was more annoyed than afraid.

Hunters claim that they are not the most intelligent birds. The story is that they sleep in a tree, but low enough for the fox to get them anyway. I don't know if this is just a tale.