Banner ad...pop up

elmroc

<p>I guess Rich's suggestion makes sense: if everybody blocks the ads, nobody will see them. The advertisers won't make any money and as a result, the ads are likely to disappear, solving the problem once and for all. Sadly, photo.net will probably go down as well.</p>

<p>Seriously, the site needs advertising money to survive. Reporting inappropriate ads is great (thanks!) but suggesting that visitors block them really doesn't help the site in the long run.</p>

<p>Patrick,<br />I don't have problems with having ads per se.<br />What i do have the problem with is when the ads scroll over the main page while i'm trying to read it<br />If you wanna have scotch brite put an ad on a banner down the side or elsewhere, that's fine with me, and i'm sure everyone else here.</p>

<p>John, I understand! I also think ads placed over the actual content of a page are very annoying. I'm happy that you reported it.</p>

<p>I merely wanted to point out that installing ad blocker software, as suggested by Rich, is only a short term solution.</p>

<p>Having the same problem the last couple of days on two different machines. Never had the problem before. I don't mind ads on the top, sides or bottom. One must pay the bills. But I REALLY don't like ones that pop up over content and have to me manually closed.</p>

<p>"Rich" was not a real photo.net user interested in giving useful advice. Whoever it was is just a troll that pops up from time to time to promote their anti-advertising agenda. It's pretty pathetic.</p>

<p>As for this pop up ad. I'm doing my best but am having trouble tracking it down. I need to figure out which adserver it's coming from and as I cannot make the ad appear for me, I'm having a really hard time.</p>