arcona LIVING ERNST LEITZ HOTEL

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by MTC Photography, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  2. Ich frage nur <warum?>

3. Vincent Peri

Vincent Peri Metairie, LA

4. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Moderator Staff Member

Interesting! Thanks for posting.

5. ......and making watches, if you have ten grand free to tell the time.....

6. It looks uber modern!

7. Dustin McAmera

Dustin McAmera Yorkshire, mostly on film.

I'll stay at home in the Hotel Holga, thanks!

8. Sandy Vongries

A friend commented back when I shared - "Can guests carry Nikon?" :)

Vincent Peri likes this.

9. I must present a serious set of questions, since the point has now been raised:

For those among us who make/have made the pilgrimage to Wetzlar, where do you stay? Why? For how long?

Does anyone go to/ stay in Solms? Why?

Certainly equally important, which restaurants do you favor? For which meals?

Either place, can you (practically) do the trip on public transport or is a rental car needed?

Where to German Leicaphiles stay and dine when visiting Wetzlar?

This information is not a small thing if one's travelling companion (often a lady) is to enjoy (at least tolerate) the pilgrimage. Are there parallel things to do for a (non-Wetzlar-obsessed) companion to enjoy? Is there a local society of Leica windows?

I'm dangerously close to needing this information.

10. "A friend commented back when I shared - "Can guests carry Nikon?" :)"

Jeez, my mate Sandy has turned into a commie...and, oh my goodness, with a cheepo plastic Nikon thing.;)) He could have chosen at the very least a Canon.

Those YouTube vids....he never listened to his wife. See, listen to your wife....or, one day you could end up like my mate, Sandy....a commie. Perish the thought;))

11. Sandy Vongries

You were close, but you missed a few critical issues for the scenario - Which is the best Spa, the finest Jewelry shop, and interesting art / craft galleries. Been there, not in Germany, done that numerous times otherwise. :cool:

12. Sandy Vongries

Be more likely to have your pursuers after me with meds and special jacket or miss my turn buying a round. Glad to see you've given them the slip again!

Allen Herbert and Moving On like this.
  13. "Be more likely to have your pursuers after me with meds and special jacket or miss my turn buying a round. Glad to see you've given them the slip again!" Sandy

Hey, too quick and smart for them. But, Sandy....methinks they are on the way to you, sorry about that. Jeez, that big shiny spoon is scary...don't let them get you with it...not sure where they might put it, if you follow my meaning;))

Leica photo.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  14. On a slightly more serious note I would like to visit any manufactures of cameras it would be interesting.

Leica is a business and like any business they need to make money. Good luck to them. Yes, they have a reputation of marketing their products as designer brands...so what. They are a business and market where they can make the most profit...….really that simple to understand.

Why would that upset anyone?

15. Sandy Vongries

That the best critter?
    We're in a different "ecology"
    DSC_7250 (1024x684).jpg

16. Nope.

Robot man vs magical man.

Magical man is the winner....and, and takes a better photo cause it was taken by a proper camera....a Leica....dream folk with a few beers, imagine, there two penny plastic thing , is just as good as a real Leica.

Nice dream

17. Three Cameras for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Photography where true masters lie.
    One Camera to rule them all, One Camera to find them,
    One Camera to bring them all, and in the light bind them,

In the Land of Photography where the Masters of Photography abide.