Ad regenerating browser history

JamesFarabaugh

<p>I don't know if that's the correct terminology, but what's happening is at least one of the advertisements is causing my browser history to think that I am navigating to a new page every second or so. I'll click on a thread, spend some time there reading or viewing, and then when I try to navigate back to the forum main page it is dozens of pages back in my history. When this happens the "previous" pages I supposedly visited are all ad.something.whatever.com. It doesn't happen every time, so that tells me it is just when a certain ad is displayed. Very annoying.</p>

<p>Other things to check: if you're using some sort of security software/plug-in, or are blocking cookies, etc., your browser could keep looking (to the ad server) like it's never been there before, and so the ad server keeps treating it like a first-time visitor, and the script keeps re-fetching the same objects from the server with brand new http requests.<br /><br />So along with mentioning which browser (and operating system) you're using, be sure to also mention anything special you also have running that might be looking over your shoulder, as it were.</p>

<p>Here is a recent thread where I think the same problem was noted. I was experiencing it as well.<br>

<a href="00abAU">http://www.photo.net/site-help-forum/00abAU</a><br>

I just tried to repeat the problem by going to various pages on the site so I could do a screen print and post it, but no "success". I think Josh's fix has taken care of the problem for me. I do block third party cookies.</p>

<p>I am having the same problem and have been for a few weeks. It seem to be getting worse.</p>

<p>In all cases the ads seem to be from ad.doubleclick.net</p>

<p>I am running IE 9 with the latest security fixes under Windows 7 x64, also with the latest patches. The problem existed before the last Patch Tuesday, so it is not the fault of any recent patch.</p>

<p>I run Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 12.0.0.374(i).</p>

<p>Photo.net is the only site that I visit on a regular basis with this problem.</p>