Acros in DD-X

I'd start at about 8 minutes at 1+4. I tried this combo when DD-X first came out and my notes show this entry. I did gentle inversion for 1 minute, followed by 2 gentle inversions per minute and it seemed to control highlights for reasonably easy printing. Naturally, you will likely have other factors entering into your situation related to equipment differences but this should get you in the ballpark, anyway.

Bernard, I used Acros exclusively as my B&W film for nearly 2 years. I used the MDC as a starting point and found in my setup that it was about 15-20% too long in DD-X, so a rating of 64 would help. Reducing the developer time helps, but a) it is pretty short anyway, and b) I have just never achieved great results in this solution.

I like the results of Rodinal a bit better, but you lose the super-tight grain of the Acros. I'm having problems with highlights blocking up and shadows disappearing. It prints a little too high a contrast. For reference, I use Acros in 120 and 4x5, not 35mm.

I'm looking for better alternatives for developer myself, but have been re-exploring Delta 100 and 400 and really liking the results, so I haven't done much more with Acros.

I get very nice results in Rodinal when using 1+100 dilution and reduced agitation. You can use the times and agitation schema listed at the MDC as a guide. Lovely tonal scale, and grain was not noticable (120).