A List for needed photochemicals 1941

JDMvW

<p>I found a 1941 <em>Popular Photography </em> article on "Fun with Photochemicals" that reminded me of Subbarayan Prasanna's experiments in the Classic Manual forem (the magazines were less into reviews of cameras and more into darkroom stuff in those days).<br>

It gives chemicals, but no formulae for developers as such, just a stock list for messing around. Anyhow I thought it might interest some here. I'm sorry for the pdf size (484K), but zipping it didn't result any significant reduction, and trying to get Acrobat to "optimize" it resulted in unreadability.</p>

<p>This has nothing to do with trying to go cheap, but merely a service to "home-brew" workers who like to tinker with ingredients and proportions for different effects as hinted, but not discussed in detail, in the article.</p>

<p>Just to give a few actual developer formulae, here are some out of another article in the same issue of <em>Popular Phtography</em> a multipart series by Herbert C. MacKay, FRPS entitled "the Photographic Negative, Part III". Of course, similar formulae are widely available, especially in older books on developing from the days when, and in lab guides of various sources.</p>

<p>MacKay gives the avoirdupois to metric conversion as grams-per-liter X 2.19 = grains-per-ounce.</p><div>00UEM6-165789584.jpg.c9da457ecae0aea1dd744d75007d571b.jpg</div>