PHOTOSHOP- 2.0 vs 5.0

Definitely ditch the Photoshop 2.0. You can get by on PS 5.0 though; it has most everything I use to touch up a photo that's present in the latest, greatest version. If you can afford it though, it is good advice to upgrade when you can. Another option is Photoshop's "little brother", called Photoshop Elements. It's under 100 bucks and will work just fine for touch-ups. Good luck!

There are several applications that does more and faster and probably for free then you will fins that Photoshop 2 or even 5 will do as stated by several people here.

BUT if you are interested in the history of the application you could have alook at this link "www.designbyfire.com/pdfs/history_of_photoshop.pdf "

In addition I would like to add that 2 was the version I started using

since it came out when I started to do image work on a computer at the time. This is very telling about my age, is it not?

And I do remeber when 3 came around that I had no idee for a long time what I would use layers for, I could see no rel use for them to start with, well at least I have changed my opinion about that by now.

And when you have read this history of Photoshop then you can always take this quis on the the development of it "http://www.newrecruit.org/archives/2004/may/photoshopquiz"

Then you might go as nerdy as I am

Karl