Special Differences amongst Gt-e Gt-s & Gt-x

aji_s.

Hello,

Ok. I am well aware of the technical differences amongst the Gte Gts and Gtx such as Dx

coding, EI, etc. But, what, if any differences are actually visible in the results? Do images

from one camera look completely different from the other using the same settings? Is one

camera more contrasty? More saturated? I don't understand? Why did Minox produce

almost three identical cameras without differences in image strengths? I can look at the

differences in my GTE and MDC but I have not compared it to the GTS or GTX. I apologize

if this quesiton has already been asked. Many Thanks. Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

GT-E II is an improved camera over the GT-E, particularly in being better made.

The GT-X was a 60th anniversary and so so a 'special limited editied'. The GT-S has DX, the GT-E is manual settings. The GT-E II has a soft finish, the GT-X is a 'painted' silver. Both of these are coatings over the matt black finish seen on the previous models (different from the white AL, but hardly more resistant to rubbing and marks).

The ML with the programme mode was discontined and not replaced with any model with the same features. GSE, GT-E and later continued the GT line. Although the MDC is basically the ML/MB it was more a special limited issue and at a much higher price.

The CD range are all 'me-too-point and shoot' cameras and other than the Minox name and perhaps lens have little to do with what might be expected of Minox - ultra small cameras compared to the offeres from other manufacturers.

• 5 months later...
The Minox GT-E is supposed to have an improved lens compared with GT ... I have the GT and have no complaints - rich, contrasty and fairly sharp. The minox lenses as the GT has have that "Leica look" but on pocket-sized camera. Unfortunatly the shutter has failed on my GT (bought off ebay) so I need to get it serviced (cost 60pounds in UK - see AP magazine classifieds)