Royalties for the most famous Leica photo of all time?

Look <a href="http://www.zonezero.com/kordasche/index.html" target="_blank">here.</a><p>

The comment that the image did more for his cause than Che himself ever achieved is interesting. The image might be said to have made Che acceptable -- transformed him from a guerilla revolutionary to a vaguely "progressive" figure -- thus the comments above that he was a misguided idealist, which neglects the fact that he was an idealist toting a tommy gun.

I have always wondered if the students who display his image as an icon buy into the underlying ideology.

Some people seem to be seriously losing sight of the question. The question is not who is the most famous person, but what is the most famous photo. The comments about Mao or Marley are irrelevent, because no one particular photograph of them is that famous.

Actually, there IS one specific image of Mao that was used on millions upon millions of posters in China, and was also incorporated into Warhol's series on the banality of fame (as were Che, Marilyn, Liz Taylor, and several individuals that I can't recall).

Was it shot with a Leica? I don't know, but probably not. Probably, that's the most famous Seagull photo of all time, but for some reason, that's a less compelling subject.

I would be happy to never see that picture again.

No political reason, just fed up with it. Every students wall sported this pic in the 60s and 70s until 'Tennis Girl' came along.

Tired image, tired subject.

Good luck on getting the royalties though. Deserved.