How much power is enough power?

beeman458

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas,

I thought you might want to know that I write professionally for several photographic

magazines and sign NDA forms on a regular basis. I know how tight lipped people are

and I also know that sometimes people inside a company whom you think would

know about a new product but can't say anything sometimes are deliberately left out

of the information loop to prevent inadvertent leaks. On the other hand when they are

talking to big time dealers who are placing orders for several hundrd thousand

dollars, months in advance of delivery then that goes up the scale of info divulged.

Ellis wrote.

<i>Thomas, I thought you might want to know that I write professionally for several photographic magazines and sign NDA forms on a regular basis.</i><p>

Wishing you the best in your efforts and sorry to read that they stick you with the NDS's. Sorta takes the fun outta knowing something. Several magazines! My! But that must keep you VERY busy:)<p>

<i>I know how tight lipped people are and I also know that sometimes people inside a company whom you think would know about a new product but can't say anything sometimes are deliberately left out of the information loop to prevent inadvertent leaks. On the other hand when they are talking to big time dealers who are placing orders for several hundred thousand dollars, months in advance of delivery then that goes up the scale of info divulged.</i><p>

Not quite sure how to read your above other then to believe that in a couple of months, I'll know whether or not the source was accurate or not:) I've been given two seperate stories, by two different people. One says in a couple of months and one says in September at Photokina. One says 16MP and one says same 11 MP's but Digic II and E-TTL II upgrades. Are you able to say what you've heard? :)<p>

In the meantime, Brooks wrote<p>

<i>I've not had the pleasure of using the new 22mp backs yet.</i><p>

I saw an image made with one of the 22MP backs and the image was to die for. The benefit of the super large pixel pitch was that it had incredible dynamic range (don't know what it was) and the color gamut was out of this world. The detail was so intense and smooth that I found myself slowly scanning over the image at a hundred percent, one small step at a time, just so I could enjoy the intensity of the detail, there was so much of it. If you get a chance, do give one of the backs a try on some very colorful and detailed studio stuff like fruit or jelly beans or something of that nature.<p>

<I> But that must keep you VERY busy</I><P>Well it was either that or waste more

time on photo.net!<P>Re: rumors. I've told you what I know. I wish I knew more: The

intoxicating sense of power, the romance of knowing deep secrets, the ability to

smile knowingly while typing politely... it would make my head swell to the size of

<a href = http://unmuseum.mus.pa.us/squid.htm>a Giant Squid</a>.