Edit Image Info

Delete photo

I want to remove the request because they are done, and I want

critique on another photo of mine, but the "request critique" links

are gone on all my photos. Normally I get this back when I remove a

different image's request.

Any ideas?

This option is no longer available. It was removed for two reasons:

First, a number of people were repeatedly submitting and deleting Critique Requests in order to keep their request as "recent" and get more ratings.

Second, non-subscribers were circumventing the limits for them on Critique Requests by deleting an old one and submitting a new one. For non-subscribers, the limits are a maximum of one per day and 4 per week. If you would like to submit another Critique Request, you need to wait until you get more quota, by waiting until tomorrow, or possibly a bit longer if you have already submitted 4 in the last seven days. Of course, the other option is to become a subscriber, costing $25 per year or $68 for three years. This lets you submit 4 Critique Requests per day or 60 (!) per week. You will also be supporting the site.

Its funny you mention "supporting" the website. I probably generate a few hunded page hits on this site every single day. If you multiply that my the thousands and thousands of daily visitors, you are sitting on a 7 figure/year website. No need to charge, just research selling advertising on the site.

This is a great site and I can only speak for myself but $25.00 a year is a joke considering the knowledge I have gained and the gratification I get from this site. People should use good common sense, if you feel your getting alot from the site ,then contribute. Twenty five dollars from many contributers helps pay for the expensive equipment needed to keep a high traffic site running.

Brandon, unless your photos are regularly among the Top Photos, they wouldn't be generating anywhere near enough advertising impressions to equal the support for the site of an annual subscription -- not by a couple of orders of magnitude. Your math is way off when you come up with "7 figure" revenue. We break into the low six figures. The site covers its expenses and in the last year or so has been able to pay me a salary that, according to my wife, is now only ridiculous rather than pathetic. If it weren't for the subscribers and Sandy's subscription drives, we wouldn't have enough money to buy new hardware.

It is true that there is probably a floating group of twenty or thirty photographers in the Gallery who over the course of a few months in the limelight drive enough views and advertising revenue to equal a subscription. A high percentage of these people actually become subscribers, anyway. With everybody else -- well, we need for them to subscribe if they want to be able to continue enjoying the site, since their utilization of resources has to be paid for somehow.

I think the approach on advertisements on this site is a good one. I always notice them, and they never get in the way of the navigation of this site. The ads not only respect the intelligence of the users, but are nicely meshed.<BR>I hope people are generally mispeaking when they say they don't notice it when they really mean they don't get their face slapped by it.

Well hey its just my opinion. Ads can be good or bad depending on how they are displayed on the website. This site is DESIGNED around clicking and clicking and clicking as much as you can. What is better then being able to click through hundreds of awesome photos by the best photographers on the globe all in once place! I would gladly live with the slight inconvenience of seeing some small/discrete ads in order to keep the site in full fling. My guess is that with the traffic this website gets, you could make more then you think you could.

Brandon, this site is like NPR.... You already have over the 100 photo limit for non members at 147 in your portfolio. Somehow you have squeeked by. Now is the time for your $25 or euros or bars of gold...

Brandon, there is already at least one and sometimes two ads on every page. The biggest source of ad revenue right now is Google and they pay us 40 cents per thousand impressions. We average a little over 600K impressions per day through Google. We get a bit more from clickthroughs to Adorama, Dealtime, B&H, Ritz, etc. We also get quite small amounts for graphical banners placed on the site by Tribal Fusion. I think you need to inform yourself better about the advertising market for all but the top twenty or so websites before you draw the conclusion that photo.net makes, or could make, enough revenue from advertising to be able to relieve heavy users of the site (such as someone with 100+ photos in the Gallery) of the duty to pay for their usage of the site.

You guys are crazy. I simply state my opinion, and try to make a small friendly suggestion as a way to make a few extra bucks, and I get attacked. And by the way, I only have 37 uploaded photos, not 147 like David Schoen pulled out of his rear, in some bizzare attempt to make me feel guilty.

Oh I found it, perhaps he was reading this? "Forum Postings (147 total)" Please stop the petty flames.