Please, no more film is dead/film is great threads

john_perkins2

Film vs digital, yawn. Is it too much to ask, just for a week or two? Some people may see it

as more important than the Enron scandal, the Iraq invasion, immigration,

globalisation, David Beckham's haircuts, Princess Diana's death, Janet Jackson's breast,

Magnum's new nominees. If it's that important to you, please keep it to yourselves, just for

a while. There are more important things in life.

<I>"There are more important things in life."</I>

<P>Not on this forum there aren't. I was tired of these threads six months ago. But the masses here love to talk about it. So just sit back and enjoy the foolishness. Or join in and make some grandiose statements yourself. Here's one to get you started:

<P>

<b><i>"Film will be completely extinct by May 14, 2006. The last roll will be used to photography the 3rd birthday party of Susan Silverthorn. The photos will be shot by her brother Jonathon Silverthorn (age 16), for a final project in his "Failed Technologies 101" class at the local magnet high school."</b></i>

Keith:

I've got 12 cases of canned baked beans, 19 cases of canned creamed corn, and i6 of canned asparagus that I need to unload. I got'em at a salvage auction and they're taking up space in my shed. Let's try to have like a garage sale here of whatever you need to get rid of. Maybe we can sell Jay to the Digital Forum? Just a thought... ;>)

Dennis

Here are the top 5 reasons why I think there should be more film vs. digital threads:

5. No one gets confused by the facts.

4. All the jabbering keeps your keyboard lubricated.

3. Enough talk and you never have to actually take a picture

2. I love the sound of the word, �sensors�.

And the number one reason why I think there should be more film vs. digital digital threads is:

1. Futile conversations cause more drinking.

I think we will have to throw the case of creamed corn with Jay to the digital forum, otherwise we might have to pay them ;-)

I will throw in a some used motor oil out of a '64 corvair, a coffee stained electric bill, unpaid, nude pictures of my dogs, and and a current b&h digital catalog, unopened.

It doesnt matter to me. If film is unavailable one day then I will get a digital camera.

The camera store sales person will NOT turn around and say... "Its too late, you should have bought a digital camera in 2004 when the PN Leica forum told you to."

He or she will not say... "Because you were using film after 2004 you were blacklisted and you may never buy a digital camera ever."

If (oh horror!) I decide to use film AND digital no-one will ever arrest me and remove my film camera!

It is actually NO-ONES business to 'permit' or 'approve' what I or any of you choose to take photographs with. The manufacturers will make both technologies all the time it pays them to do so. If it no longer pays anyone to make and process a film at some time in the future then tough, go digital. Thats it.

<p>If it weren't for film vs. digital threads, we'd have one less topic to argue aboutm (which is what this forum's really for right?). Who knows, maybe we could have a tally for film vs. digital threads (however we'd need a full time volunteer). Besides, its amusing to read and watch people bite at each other (my Canon 1Ds is twice the quality of your cheap ***<u>Insert Film Camera <i><b>here</b></i></u>***, etc.)</p>